FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is a C100i an upgrade over Canon 5Diii when it comes to video? Any overall thoughts on this?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Pas
Is a C100i an upgrade over Canon 5Diii when it comes to video? Any overall thoughts on this?
on Aug 4, 2017 at 1:17:58 am

Hello!

I use a Canon 5Diii and mostly shoot interviews and conferences. I don't care about the photo capabilities, only the video.

I was pondering getting rid of my dslr and picking up a C100 mark 1, hoping it will be a visual improvement. I know it'll make other aspects easier. So is it a big enough visual difference to do go through the change?

If it's not a big upgrade, can you please give me other suggestions under $3k?

Getting a camera that has 4K and that can shoot 50mbps would be great (clients asked me for these 2 items last week but never before) but the C100 might suffice if visual quality is great.

Any thoughts would be great!

Return to posts index

Walter Wallace
Re: Is a C100i an upgrade over Canon 5Diii when it comes to video? Any overall thoughts on this?
on Oct 1, 2017 at 3:31:52 pm

Personally I made this move and never looked back. I ended up upgrading from my c100 mkii to a c300 mkii and it has been amazing. The thing that really makes the upgrade worth while is the pro scopes that come with the c100 mkii you dont have to worry about screwing on filters to the lens because it has built in ND filters. It also has an articulating screen and has pro audio outputs. All around once you upgrade you are not going to want to go back to a DSLR.

Return to posts index

Paul Ballain
Re: Is a C100i an upgrade over Canon 5Diii when it comes to video? Any overall thoughts on this?
on Oct 17, 2017 at 12:35:34 pm

I know you're asking about the C100 mk II, but I just upgraded from a 5D Mark III to the new Canon C200 and as Water said, once you make the upgrade to a cinema camera, you'll never look back to the DSLR for video. I loved my 5DMIII and shot a lot of great stuff with it but also used Magic Lantern to make it much more usable as a video camera. That DP auto focus on the C200 is amazing. The touch screen focus is also something I use a lot more than I thought I would. The build in ND filters are so convenient shooting outside and built in XLR inputs make recording professional audio so much easier than having to bring my Zoom H5 everywhere I go. The C200 makes shooting video so much easier for me, however, the image that it producers kicks the crap out of anything you'll get from your 5D Mark III, even if you're shooting with Magic Lantern RAW. The Cinema RAW Lite feature is fantastic as well, although the workflow is still a bit cumbersome and the file sizes are HUGE (not to mention expensive...30 minutes of video on a 256GB car).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]