FORUMS: list search recent posts

Switching between DSLR and Canon XF100 and XHA1

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alva Nylander
Switching between DSLR and Canon XF100 and XHA1
on Jun 7, 2017 at 10:17:10 am
Last Edited By Alva Nylander on Jun 7, 2017 at 10:20:06 am

I own a Canon EOS REBEL 550D/2Ti and will be using that to shoot a music video this summer. However I have just learned that I've gotten access to either a Canon XF100 or a Canon XHA1 to borrow for free.

I don't know if i should just be using one of those or if it's a good idea to also film some shots with the dslr that might be hard to achieve with the other ones. Can you achieve the same look as with a 2Ti with 50mm f/1.8, 35mm f/1.4 and 70-200 f/2.8 lenses? (i have magic lantern installed on the dslr and would be using the technicolor cinestyle picture style and film with the qscale set to -16). I would like to shoot some stuff at 50 fps on the dslr which would record 720p and not 1080.

Which of the two cameras i have the option to borrow would you recommend? Or rather, what are the pros and cons between the two?

I'm also wondering about the pros and cons between the 2Ti and the other two cameras. I have no experience shooting with videocameras, at least not filming with them and wanting to achieve a specific look artistically (I have time to prepare though). Wont i be able to have low aperture with the XF100 or XHA1? Are there any downsides, because the footage will have better quality right?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]