FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem: C100 Mark II Stitching MP4s seemlessly

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Beck
Problem: C100 Mark II Stitching MP4s seemlessly
on May 8, 2017 at 8:51:46 pm

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I have some footage from a class that I need to edit. For some reason, when you record in mp4 for a long period of time, over an hour or so, your footage gets broken up into multiple mp4s. When you import these individually and lay them out on a sequence in Premiere Pro (I'm using the most up to date version) they do not line up perfectly. There are noticeable breaks in the audio that was recorded, a small frame of audio is missing from the clip.

Now I've used Canon's software to stitch together footage directly from the card, but what if there's no way to do that using their software? What if your footage has been imported onto an external hard drive? The software does not give me an option to do anything other than bring it off the camera or card reader. It's really odd but is there a way to do this with some other software?

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Problem: C100 Mark II Stitching MP4s seemlessly
on May 22, 2017 at 2:31:02 am

Vincent, I own an upgraded C100 but shoot long form video of concerts. Each concert is over an hour long. I've never had a problem with audio not lining up. I just lay the video end to end in Premiere and the audio from the camera is in sync. I am recording in AVCHD so not sure that perhaps there may be a problem with shooting in MP4, but that doesn't seem likely.

Have you tried shooting in AVCHD and see if the same problem happens? Are you sure that your Pr sequence matches your footage?

Hope this helps. I notice that no one has commented on this since May 8. thought I'd give something to think about.

Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]