FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon XF100/105: Can I Simultaneously Record to CF Card & Use HDMI/HD-SDI Output?

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Halterman
Canon XF100/105: Can I Simultaneously Record to CF Card & Use HDMI/HD-SDI Output?
on Apr 5, 2017 at 7:27:39 pm

Hello,

I'm new here, but I have extensive experience shooting multi-camera productions of music concerts. My company is looking to upgrade its capabilities for live-streaming these shows we already record, and my question is very simple.

Can I simultaneously record to memory cards while using the HDMI (or HD-SDI in the case of the XF105) output to send the signal directly into a Blackmagic ATEM switcher? I don't think the model matters in this case, but just for proper context we're looking into purchasing the 1 M/E ATEM 4K Video Switcher.

A simple yes or no will suffice, I'm not a newbie in video production and I understand the logistics of getting my camera feeds into my switcher...I just want to know if I can also record like I always have so that we have the redundancy needed to go back and edit the footage later if necessary.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Canon XF100/105: Can I Simultaneously Record to CF Card & Use HDMI/HD-SDI Output?
on Apr 6, 2017 at 2:38:17 pm

Yes. I I have used the black magic switcher and have used the 105 in the past.

Al

Return to posts index

James Halterman
Re: Canon XF100/105: Can I Simultaneously Record to CF Card & Use HDMI/HD-SDI Output?
on Apr 6, 2017 at 5:00:52 pm

Awesome, thanks for the response! That's great news, considering I just read Bob Zelin's article about building a broadcast studio. In that article, he mentions building his set-up with BMD Studio cameras that don't have internal recording capabilities (at least from what I understand).

Knowing this means the difference between saving and spending upwards of $4,000 on unnecessary equipment, so thank you once again.

Return to posts index

Rob Gutermuth
on May 22, 2017 at 12:32:50 pm

Yes, HDMI for sure works while recording dual - i use it a lot that way as well.

Rob Gutermuth
Media Creations

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]