FORUMS: list search recent posts

C100 and LCD Monitor Trouble

COW Forums : Canon Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ron haas
C100 and LCD Monitor Trouble
on Aug 25, 2014 at 3:14:09 am

I have a C100 connected via HDMI to a Marshall VLCD56MD monitor. Last week while on a shoot, everything was fine. We took a break and when I fired up the camera and monitor again, the monitor shows the blue screen and says no input. As far as I know I didn't change any settings on wither the monitor or the camera. I tried three different HDMI cables, no luck. I connected the monitor to my 7D and it works fine. I connected my C100 to my TV (HDMI) and it works fine. Does anyone have any idea why the monitor would suddenly stop working with the C100?

Any and all help and suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

Ron

Return to posts index

Arie Sandomirsky
Re: C100 and LCD Monitor Trouble
on Jul 14, 2015 at 8:50:55 pm

Hey Ron,
My name is Arie and I'm now experiencing the same problem with my C-100. How did you finally fix it? what should I do?

Return to posts index

ron haas
on Jul 14, 2015 at 11:20:55 pm

This was a while ago so I may not remember everything, but here's an attempt. I think what happened was that the monitor's software or firmware went crazy and stopped talking to the C100. It was camera specific, so the monitor worked with other cameras, just not the C100. Fortunately, I live about 15 minutes away from Marshall in L.A. so I was able to go over there. They reset the firmware, or reloaded or whatever they called it, and it worked again. That's the good news. The bad news is that it happened again a little later. I've been fine for about 6 months now, so I hope this is behind me. If you live close, drop in on them in El Segundo. They were VERY helpful and friendly. If you aren't local, call them and I bet they will expedite a repair. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Arie Sandomirsky
on Jul 15, 2015 at 7:23:18 am

Thanks for this, Unfortunately my C-100 doe not provide an image on any professional monitor now (and I've tried many). the picture comes up only on computer or TV screens for some reason... so I guess we're talking about a different problem. Thank you for your quick response and take care.

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Oct 10, 2016 at 1:53:43 am

Apologies for the necro thread.

I have a C100 that will send feed to a TV but will not sed feed to an external monitor such as a SWIT field monitor.

We have 5 of these cameras in our fleet. I have tested each and every one using the same settings, cables have been tested, firmware has been reset to factory then patched to the latest and still no luck.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Richard Dolesh
on Jun 12, 2017 at 9:27:48 pm

Hi, I'm having a similar problem in that my C100 mkii (original firmware) only shows up on an external computer monitor in SD resolution / 720x480 (as confirmed by the monitor's input info/status). I've checked the output in the menu of the C100 several times and referred to the manual.

Anybody have a suggestion on enabling output to full 1920x1080?

Richard Dolesh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]