FORUMS: list search recent posts

B&H realized they were suggesting damaging caps

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matteo Proromo
B&H realized they were suggesting damaging caps
on Jul 7, 2019 at 11:27:42 am

I bought an SLR Magic 8mm F/4 lens for my BPCC4K from B&H. The lens came with a push-on cap that I hated the first second I put my hands on it, so I wanted to check out other caps.
On B&H, in a page titled "Lens caps compatible with SLR Magic 8mm F/4" there were several snap-on caps. I bought one.
Now: the lens glass is very tall and rounded, with the center of its face almost reaching the same level as the lens body around it (it's a tall "dome"), so NOW I see why a snap-on cap (which fits INTO the lens body) couldn't be the right choice, but I initially (and, quite obviously, erroneously) trusted B&H blindly on this.
Long story short: the lens coat was scratched. I contacted B&H about it and, at the moment, the only things they did was telling me "An expert will contact you shortly" while simultaneously CHANGE THE COMPATIBLE CAPS SECTION AND REMOVE ALL THE SNAP-ON CAPS FROM THAT.
Is this normal behavior or will they just tell me "We don't know what you're talking about"?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: B&H realized they were suggesting damaging caps
on Jul 24, 2019 at 9:03:34 pm

Internet wayback machine can document what they had there before. You know Beards n Hats has had a very good reputation for a long time and they market based on it, so I imagine they'll come around and fix your issue eventually. It''s just good business.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]