FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need handheld 3 axis gimbal stabilizer for GoPro with cell phone mount

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron Dozier
Need handheld 3 axis gimbal stabilizer for GoPro with cell phone mount
on Sep 14, 2018 at 8:53:42 pm

Hello,

I am trying to find a stabilizer that can use a GoPro, and has the same functionality as an OSMO+ handheld camera/stabilizer kit.

With the OSMO handheld stabilizer, there is a mount/clip that holds your phone, so you can actually monitor and operate lol...every GoPro 3 gimbal stabilizer I've seen has no cell phone mount, which means you would have to twist your neck around and rely on the little GoPro LCD on the back while your gimbal turns around and moves. That doesn't work.

I want something like the OSMO with the cell phone mount, that also has a nice 3 axis gimbal with a GoPro mount. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Cameron Dozier
Re: Need handheld 3 axis gimbal stabilizer for GoPro with cell phone mount
on Sep 14, 2018 at 9:07:04 pm

Lol, nevermind. I called Gopro and they said they don't make one, and no one else does.

They just make a stabilizer where you can't monitor what you are shooting. Having that LCD on the back while the camera spins around is no way to operate lol....defeats the purpose of getting a smooth shot if you are lurching forward and spinning around trying to see the screen.

Anyone own a company that makes cinema tools? Anyone have enough dough to make a stabilizer? Anyone want to make a no-brainer product that will fill a void in the affordable stabilizer market?

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
on Sep 14, 2018 at 9:15:38 pm

Why not just get an Osmo?... the regular Osmo with the Zenmuse X3 camera? They are not expensive, and I think the camera looks much better (and is infinitely more controllable) than the GoPro.

I usually use the OsmoPro witht the Zenmuse X5 camera, and it is awesome... but the little X3 is pretty darn good too.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 17, 2018 at 2:22:51 pm

Want to add a mount, add a mount, make one, whatever. If you use an iPhone with Bluetooth as a monitor, consider strapping it to the arm that's holding the Osmo or your free arm... you should be able to see your forearm enough to monitor the shot regardless of camera position.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]