FORUMS: list search recent posts

i want to buy a video camera but nearly all models have that time limit of 29 minutes

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
katerina anachioti
i want to buy a video camera but nearly all models have that time limit of 29 minutes
on Sep 6, 2018 at 3:31:33 pm

hi to all,

i am not a pro and i really don't know if i could become a pro ... soon

i am looking to buy a pro grade hd camera for shooting events like festivals, theatrical performances, live shows etc

i have some friends from a local charity club that i wish to help with their videos

after a lot of search through the forum and the net i found only tow video cameras that are within my budget

sony pmw exr1 used (euros 800) from local advs
panasonic ag f100 new for 790 euros + pansonic 14-42 mm lens for euros 280 new

i have read that the sony pmw exr1 can record for more than 29 minutes onto an 16 gb card (sp)

the panasonic have two sd card slots but unfortunately it have the time limit of 29 minutes

i think this have to do with the fat32 limitations

this time limitation is not good for me since i need to shoot a much longer time that this

please, may i have your kind suggestions ?

many thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: i want to buy a video camera but nearly all models have that time limit of 29 minutes
on Sep 6, 2018 at 6:23:06 pm

[katerina anachioti] "i think this have to do with the fat32 limitations"

It has nothing to do with FAT32 limitations, it has solely to do with the higher VAT rate for video cameras vs photo cameras. Video cameras being classified as being able to record any length of time, while photo cameras are legally held to under 30 minutes before they are classified as video cameras.

I don't know where you are getting the idea the AG-AF100 can only record 29 minutes. It can record until the space fills up on your recording media.

Return to posts index

katerina anachioti
Re: i want to buy a video camera but nearly all models have that time limit of 29 minutes
on Sep 7, 2018 at 4:50:40 pm

hi dear gary and thanks for your kind reply

i think that i have read that thing about video cameras and dslr's

it is great if i can shoot longer than 29 minutes videos with any of the two video cameras i have mentioned

may i ask if it is worthing to buy today that ten years old sony pmw exr1 camera ?

thanks

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Sep 8, 2018 at 4:32:11 pm

[katerina anachioti] "may i ask if it is worthing to buy today that ten years old sony pmw exr1 camera ?"

Depends on if the camera delivers the look you want.

Return to posts index

katerina anachioti
on Sep 10, 2018 at 4:44:02 pm

hi dear gary and thanks for your kind reply

i don't know anything about that...

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Sep 11, 2018 at 12:52:03 am

If you don't know anything about that, then either of those two camera will be suitable.

Return to posts index

katerina anachioti
on Sep 12, 2018 at 2:08:47 pm

thanks a lot !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]