FORUMS: list search recent posts

This great looking timelapse. Can anyone tell me how they achieved the stability?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conan Stott
This great looking timelapse. Can anyone tell me how they achieved the stability?
on Jun 7, 2018 at 4:47:48 am

The above has some great looking moving time-lapse from about 45 seconds. I can see that the person shooting appears to be in a vehicle for the tower shot. I am just confused as to how one could achieve this? Maintaining that stability whilst holding the camera in time-lapse mode would seem impossible. Even if it was on a rig or steady-cam, it seems unlikely.

Any ideas as to how this was achieved? Perhaps its stabilized completely in post?

I would love to know your ideas. Thanks heaps

Conan

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: This great looking timelapse. Can anyone tell me how they achieved the stability?
on Jun 7, 2018 at 5:18:45 am

The handheld "hyperlapse" portion was no doubt stabilized in post. Or rather than stabilized, it was probably assembled by hand in post frame-by-frame from a series of stills.

Sounds tedious... but not really. While some of the conventional timelapse shots are longer, the hyperlapse shots are actually really short, only a second or two... maybe three at the most for the longer ones. If you get in the groove it wouldn't take very long to align/fix 48 frames at a whack in After Effects... or even as Photoshop layers.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Conan Stott
Re: This great looking timelapse. Can anyone tell me how they achieved the stability?
on Jun 7, 2018 at 10:04:11 pm

Thank you heaps for your answer. I am going to try and re-create this today. :)

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 12, 2018 at 6:41:55 pm

Take a look at this Hyperlapse tutorial. Of course, I would just use the Warp Stabilizer in After Effects and save a step:

Stephen Smith

Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]