FORUMS: list search recent posts

Roger Deakins

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Roger Deakins
on Mar 5, 2018 at 3:53:27 am

About 15 second ago Roger Deakins just won his (unbelievably) FIRST Oscar, after FOURTEEN nominations.

IT'S ABOUT DANG TIME!!

Congrats to Roger... probably our greatest living cinematographer. Let's hope he still has quite a few more films left in him.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

ryan elder
Re: Roger Deakins
on Sep 21, 2018 at 10:42:21 pm

He's really good! Everyone says he's the greatest though. Even in film school everyone says he is the greatest to have ever lived by a few. I think he's really good, I just don't get why so many think he is the best, when there are a lot of really good other ones out there too :).

Return to posts index

Joe Loria
on Sep 21, 2018 at 11:00:57 pm

He is one of the best ever. His website is a great place for information too. He's even answered one or two of my questions on his forums :). Probably not a film most people think of when they think of great cinematography, but I thought his work on the Hudsucker Proxy was amazing with the visuals. Not to mention everything else he has done!

Return to posts index

ryan elder
on Sep 24, 2018 at 5:58:29 am

One movie of his that never gets enough credit I thought was 1984, which also looks really good!

Return to posts index

ryan elder
on Sep 24, 2018 at 6:01:12 am

I guess I feel that his movies look too much like what other people are doing at the time though. Like for example, right now his movies have a yellow tint to them. I feel that a lot of movies do nowadays and that possibly David Fincher started this and so many other filmmakers copied that.

In the 90s, Deakins movies, also looked very much like other 90s movies. So he is very good but I feel he is kind of a trend follower perhaps. But maybe this isn't him doing it, and the directors want him to follow the trends as far as looks go, rather than not. Unless I am wrong?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]