FORUMS: list search recent posts

How is this editing effect Accomplished?

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryce Douglass
How is this editing effect Accomplished?
on Jul 4, 2017 at 5:08:34 pm

This music video has the singer playing multiple characters. I'm curious how the shot where he's playing the boy at the dinner table pans over and then she enters through the door. I don't see a cut or anything. Is this with a chroma key and then frame movements are matched? I just wasn't quite sure.

Bryce

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: How is this editing effect Accomplished?
on Jul 4, 2017 at 8:02:20 pm

These kinds of things can be accomplished in lots of ways... chroma key, various types of compositing, motion control cameras, etc...

This was was quite easy though... the trucking shot past the back of the body double's head masks the composition. If you notice the background scene (wall with the telephone, etc) don't even match from one side of the double's head to other (it look like there might have been a lens change as well).

So how do you do the compositing? Several ways... shoot both scenes separately without the back-of-the-head body double, and then composite that layer in on top to mask the edit between the two shots. Or, shoot the first scene with the body double in place, but put some green masking material just on the RIGHT side in front of the body double and composite the second scene in there. Or use rotoscoping or even just a soft-edged motion matte to replace the right side with the new footage.

There's probably several other ways as well, but this was not a super-hard compositing job.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]