FORUMS: list search recent posts

Greenscreen Transparent Bottle

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Obuchowski
Greenscreen Transparent Bottle
on May 30, 2017 at 8:34:19 am

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone could give some advice for shooting and keying out where the subject is a plastic bottle.

The layout is hands in shot (greenscreen) picking up and moving the bottle around. The background has to be replaced so I need some of it to come through the bottle. I have read a way to do this is covering the back of the transparent object with a black material. Is this correct? or is there a better way?

Thanks,
Joe

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Greenscreen Transparent Bottle
on May 30, 2017 at 4:30:14 pm

That bears some testing, but very good keyers (such at the "Ultra Key" that is in Premiere) will do a decent job of keying through clear or semi clear objects and still leaving details. I've never used it for exactly that, but Ultra Key will still leave reflections in windows, etc., so it should work for that. As I said, bears testing.

In that case you'd just shoot with a solid greenscreen background, as normal. I've never heard of the putting-the-black behind something. I'm not even sure how that would work.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Greenscreen Transparent Bottle
on May 30, 2017 at 6:34:18 pm

It may work if instead of keying, you use a different composite blending mode. When you light something like a wine or beer bottle, it's a common trick to paste white paper across the back to bounce the light back forward from inside the bottle - I have my lava lamp treated this way and it makes the contents jump out well. With black, I'm imagining you're doing a luminance key and not chroma.

Think about two different chroma keys: one on the bottle and one for the background, in different colors.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]