FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Lens Test C300 vs Sony FS7

COW Forums : Cinematography

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Micolli Davis
Camera Lens Test C300 vs Sony FS7
on Mar 9, 2017 at 10:12:52 pm

Hi guys,

I have been given a task to do a camera and lens test. The task is to compare the different between the Canon c300 mark ii and FS7. e.g. the lens resolution, lens contracts, chromatic aberration, barrel and pin cushion distortion and vignetting. What are the massive differences between this cameras and lens test I just want to know if any of one have done this camera lens test in the past or similar test in relation to this. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Micolli

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Camera Lens Test C300 vs Sony FS7
on Mar 9, 2017 at 10:19:26 pm

You have responses to your identical post in the Canon forum of several days ago... the general consensus being that it was a somewhat confusing question....

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Micolli Davis
on Mar 9, 2017 at 10:25:30 pm

Hi sorry so new to this forum, however maybe my question was very confusing. Although is a Lens test not a camera test, but using two different cameras for the lens test. Hope this is clear.

Thanks

Micolli

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Mar 16, 2017 at 3:21:20 pm

[Micolli Davis] "Although is a Lens test not a camera test, but using two different cameras for the lens test. Hope this is clear."

It is clear. The problem is that you don't understand that it's a waste of time on your part.

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Mar 9, 2017 at 10:49:59 pm

Okay Micolli, I'm going to say what we're all thinking:

This is a dumb test to do if you want to learn anything about the lens.

You will learn only one thing, and I'm going to save you the trouble: lenses project the exact same light on every sensor. The picture will look different on each camera. These differences will be because the CAMERAS are different. The distortion, flare, and all the lens attributes, will look exactly the same, because a lens' physical characteristics do not change when you put a lens on a different camera. The image will look slightly different because every camera manufacturer uses different color science. But all of the things you named, like distortion, vignetting, chromatic aberration...they are because of physics. The lens bends the light a certain way, and focuses it on the sensor; the same light, including the same distortion, vignetting, chromatic aberration, etc, will hit the C300 sensor and the FS7 sensor.

Let me repeat, for clarity: the lens will perform exactly the same on the C300 and the FS7. You will only be measuring the difference between two cameras' color science and gamma.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]