FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sourcemaker LED Blankets

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Anschicks
Sourcemaker LED Blankets
on Aug 24, 2018 at 9:19:49 pm

Anyone out there have any direct experience with any of the "LED blanket" options offered by Sourcemaker? I can barely find any information about them online aside from Sourcemaker's own literature and that of their authorized dealers. I'm specifically looking at the 2'x4' high-output one, as I envision having two that I could rig into a 4x frame and have a very large, soft source with a lot of output to boot.

On paper, they look amazing - Large scale, very high-output unit that can roll up into a duffel or such for travel. Advertises high-quality color fidelity. They have testimonials and BTS photos on their site from some big-time productions. Sourcemaker is also an established player in the production game, not an upstart or a knock-off company, they've been making high-quality lighting balloons and such for a while now.

Put all that together and they're offering very competitive pricing for a unit that has the specs they claim. Which is why I'm not sure why I haven't seen more about them. I plan to order one to demo, my main objectives are to verify the output specs and also the color, I haven't seen any TLCI numbers or anything specific in that realm.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]