FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mock Up Software

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Balch
Mock Up Software
on Jun 11, 2018 at 6:37:30 pm

Anybody know an online tool I can use to create a mock-up of a green screen studio? I've found a couple of sites like planyourroom.com and livingspaces.com but they're not quite what I need. I'm looking for something specifically designed for video production. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks!

Alan Balch
• • • • • • •
Videographer/Carle Foundation Hosptial
alan.balch@carle.com

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Mock Up Software
on Jul 6, 2018 at 4:46:33 pm

Sorry I didn't see this back in June.

If you haven't found anything better, Omni Corp makes a tool called OmniGraffle that's lets you draw, arrange and set shapes within a grid system. It's like a mini-CAD tool for Mac users.

It's really good for breadboard type circuit design, but it's so flexible it can go WAY beyond that.

I'm half addicted to the thing, and use it for a ton of my spacial design needs. .

There's a secondary, related site called OmniTopia where users who've taken the time to draw industrial standard shapes trade them. There's at least one for standard lighting industry instruments with shapes for Lekos, Scoops, Fresnels and Fluorescents.

It doesn't take long to learn how to use - and afterwards it makes knocking together something like an overhead lighting plot, dirt simple.

Hope that helps.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Mock Up Software
on Sep 5, 2018 at 4:00:03 pm
Last Edited By Mark Suszko on Sep 5, 2018 at 4:00:24 pm

I use Sketch-up for this. I think they make a version now that's customized for the film-maker, but I make do with the free basic online version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]