FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a soft box with a Diva Lite?

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kat hayes
Using a soft box with a Diva Lite?
on Mar 3, 2017 at 9:43:18 pm

I'm using a Diva Lite for some still photos, and I want to diffuse the light. I repurposed a soft box meant for a strobe and put it over the Diva Lite. Since the Diva Lite does not have a speedring there is no way to place the metal poles inside the softbox to create the rigid structure, so it is on it, though not as tightly fitted as it could be. Just curious if anyone has done this before? The Diva Lite does not run hot so I'm assuming that it is not a problem/dangerous to put the soft box over it? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I looked into the alternative of hanging shower curtain in front of the Diva Lite to diffuse it, though I'm trying to minimize the need for setting up another c-stand in the small area that I am working in.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Using a soft box with a Diva Lite?
on Mar 10, 2017 at 4:50:15 am

Which "Diva Lite" are you working with?

If you're taking about the Diva fluorescent banks, they are already " soft" by nature to begin with..

But "Diva" gets mis-applied to a whole bunch of forms. So maybe you have a Diva Ring light or something else?

Drop some additional details here and I'm sure somebody will be happy to try to help you.

Creator of XinTwo - http://www.xintwo.com
The shortest path to FCP X mastery.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]