FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need lighting advice

COW Forums : Lighting Design

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raf Zimon
Need lighting advice
on Nov 23, 2016 at 4:02:11 pm

Hi,
I am trying to set up a studio and I really need some lighting advice.
Basically I have 2 LED daylight lights (with tungsten filters) and fluorescent ceiling light at (I think) 3000k. When I whitebalance daylight and mix those two, the subject's face looks great but I get yellow light from the ceiling hitting the subject's nose and forehead. When I add tungsten filters to the lights and whitebalance it that way, the subject's face is evenly lit (as far as the color goes) however it is overall yellowish color so I need to color correct it. What is the best way to get the right color? Should I change the ceiling lights to daylight? I need the ceiling light since the two lights are not enough to light the subject.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Return to posts index

Todd Terry
Re: Need lighting advice
on Nov 23, 2016 at 4:08:28 pm

Sounds like your flos are just way too warm, so that even when you tungsten balance for your LEDs it's still not enough and the flos still have a color temp that is noticeably lower than your now-filtered LEDs.

If you must use the overhead flos (conceding that's generally going to be a poor idea, results-wise), the easiest/fastest/cheapest thing to do would be to retube that fixture with daylight bulbs... and then use your daylight LEDs unfiltered. You'll have much more output that way, too, which might be a concern since you said your two LEDs are not enough to light your subject.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Raf Zimon
Re: Need lighting advice
on Nov 23, 2016 at 4:18:25 pm

Thank you! I really appreciate your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]