AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Zero-ing audio clip in the mixer without showing faders or using markers?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe kaye
Zero-ing audio clip in the mixer without showing faders or using markers?
on Jul 29, 2020 at 9:10:50 am

I'm doing some remote editing at the moment using teradichi and although it's working ok I have to make certain compromises like making the composer window smaller etc. to minimise motion on screen being streamed. One thing I've found that helps is to hide the fader meters in the mixer - this also saves space on my monitor so I'd like to carry on like this for general editing. This is fine most of the time except when I need to turn a fader all the way down.

With the faders in view it's a simple mouse click at the bottom of the fader and it's done but the only other way I can find to completely turn down a clip is to use markers on the timeline and go through the mixer menus which is time consuming.

Ideally there would be a click modifier that could do it (like alt-clicking resets to 00db, shift+alt+click would be perfect)

You can't type in a value - the lowest value you can type in is -96db which is what I'm doing at the moment and i assume i'll have to carry on like this, unless anyone here knows any quick way to turn down a clip in the mixer without showing the faders?

(I can obviously unhide the faders for this but again, that's a long way round I'd like to avoid)

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Zero-ing audio clip in the mixer without showing faders or using markers?
on Jul 30, 2020 at 8:27:25 am

Can't you enable the track clip gain in the timeline control panel and then use the mini faders shown at the start of each clip in the timeline?
You can also type - 96 there as well.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

joe kaye
on Jul 31, 2020 at 10:32:09 am

I'd forgotten about that, that's a good idea! Probably the quickest way to do it (combined with a keyboard shortcut for turning clip gain on/off in the timeline)
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Aug 3, 2020 at 9:45:15 pm

And there’s also Mute Clips.

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Aug 4, 2020 at 7:32:04 am

Oh, and you could use the tiny faders that you can have appear on every clip in the timeline.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]