AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Open EXR and DPX with LUT out of AVID, Round Trip to Nuke (for VFX) and Back ?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Brennan
Open EXR and DPX with LUT out of AVID, Round Trip to Nuke (for VFX) and Back ?
on Jul 15, 2020 at 5:08:56 pm

I am hoping an avid-MC VFX Editor will find this and be able to give some insight.

I am doing a little study on color workflow for a VFX pipline.

Right now, I have a pretty good workflow for high end camer digital negatives into Resolve, writing out linear .exr image sequence and accompanying LUT to take into NUKE for VFX work, then delivering linear .exr back to editorial for insert into the VFX CUT where the LUT gets re-applied.

I have a workflow for Round Trip out of Davinci (Davinci -> Nuke -> Davinci)

I have a workflow for Round trip out of Premiere, that uses .exr out of PrPro, but still has to go through Davinci to write out for Nuke

I don't currently have Avid MC to play with at the moment (Although I am 2019 User Certified)

Is there maybe a VFX Editor out there who deals with prepping files to send to VFX houses that can offer some insite on how Avid MC fits into a Round Trip pipeline when dealing with high-end cinema cameras and their LUTs (maybe even Custom Luts) ?

Task: Going from Editorial MC Timeline, exporting out .exr image sequence to send to VFX (For work in Nuke or similar) and then receiving back finaled shots to add back into the Edit once VFX are added?

(( Camera Raws would ideally start out life as some flavor of Arri, or Red, or Black Magic... that sort of thing. ))

Much appreciate any insite, or maybe known LINKS to insite!

Cheers!

Kevin

Unit of beauty required to launch 1 ship = 1 milihelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]