AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

AAF with mixed frame rates from Media Composer to Resolve causing sync issues

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Allard
AAF with mixed frame rates from Media Composer to Resolve causing sync issues
on Jun 28, 2020 at 6:53:41 pm

So i've been having this issue for a few days now and cannot seem to figure it out no matter what I do. Im working with a 1920x1080p 23.976fps project. My media is mainly 23.976 fps footage mixed with some 30 and 119.88 frame rates. When starting the project, I linked all the media first and then transcoded in order to keep the frame rates for the sake of manipulating speeds using motion effects. I've gotten to the point where I have cut together my project and am now ready to export an AAF to make a few color corrections in Resolve but when I do this, some of the non-24fps clips are missing in the timeline, and others are just out of sync. Importing the AAF into Premiere as an alternative works a bit better with no missing clips, however the slow motion clips are back to real time playback and hence, out of sync. The only solution that I've come up with was consolidating the clips in the MC sequence (with no handles) to a folder on my computer and upon importing the AAF into Resolve, I replace the problematic clips with the consolidated versions of that media. This doesn't seem like an efficient solution so I want to reach out to see if anyone has any solutions/ideas... I'm quite new to Avid so I'd love to hear suggestions for smaller project workflows in which I am both the editor and the colorist. I'd also like to mention I do not have symphony color tools nor do I have any plugins like Baselight, and the color correction options that I am left with in MC seem very limited. Anyways, anything helps and thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AAF with mixed frame rates from Media Composer to Resolve causing sync issues
on Jun 29, 2020 at 11:27:36 am

Are you trying to conform back to the camera originals or the transcoded MXF files? For missing clips, you can do a force conform in DaVinci but I would double-check Source Filename and timecode with the same camera originals already in the Resolve media pool to make sure they are the same.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]