AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Need to make embedded AAF of title sequence from 220X HD to 145, error on import

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Reibstein
Need to make embedded AAF of title sequence from 220X HD to 145, error on import
on Jun 13, 2020 at 9:39:08 pm

I'm currently having an issue with Avid title tool (who doesn't, though)

Since my show has been working from home, we have been passing back and forth the credits bin to the episode editor when they are ready. But we were having issues with recreating titles on their ends that were making issues with the fonts / titles looking wonky. We wound up fixing that issue, but sometimes it still comes up so are trying to do embedded AAF's instead.

In the office, we work in 220X HD for everything. Since doing remote work, we've dropped down to 145 to make exporting/uploading/downloading via aspera easier on everyone's end and smaller file sizes.

Here's my issue: I put the credits sequence in a bin, I select bin display to show all titles, and then delete those titles so they go offline. Then I recreate all titles in the bin to go back online, but select 145. Everythings online, so I make an embedded AAF of the sequence for 145 with handles...go to test the import (and had my supervisor do this too on his end) and I still get prompts for a number of files saying they are in 220X and would I like to import them at 145 instead. It's not hard to select "yes" and "yes to all" for these, but would like to make it not be necessary would be nice.

Any ideas? I'm stumped personally and have tried exporting AAF's from the newly imported ones (that were supposedly all in 145) too, and checking them get the same response. Deleted/recreated title media again too, no luck.

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Need to make embedded AAF of title sequence from 220X HD to 145, error on import
on Jun 14, 2020 at 1:43:19 pm

Are the credits over video media or are they just standalone segments of titles, be it cards or a roll? If the latter, why not just send a bin with the sequence segments where the timecode matches their place in the program. A lot smaller to send and they can just recreate on their end? I am assuming you are exporting from and to a Media Composer/Symphony option.

Michael

Return to posts index

Luke Reibstein
Re: Need to make embedded AAF of title sequence from 220X HD to 145, error on import
on Jun 14, 2020 at 3:36:25 pm

We were doing that before, but getting errors with the recreate in which the titles were either in wrong fonts, wrong sizes, some titles looked cut off on the edges, etc. Caused a lot of headaches and people just want a solution that doesn't involve having to do any work. They want a simple "plug and play" option.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jun 14, 2020 at 3:47:59 pm

Ah... weird. There are certainly font issues when going across operating systems but if on same OS with exact same font packages (same manufacturer and not just name) and same title tool, it should be the same. But then again who knows what bugs lurk in there.

I am curious as to why an AAF would solve that since it is a representation of the sequence sent via bin. Another mystery.

Is there a default setting somewhere for resolution?

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]