AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Adding a Client Monitor to my iMac

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Sierchio
Adding a Client Monitor to my iMac
on May 18, 2020 at 1:33:17 am
Last Edited By Joseph Sierchio on May 18, 2020 at 3:10:54 am

I'm currently running Media Composer 2019.12.0 and I have a 2017 27 inch iMac with a 4.2 GHz i7 processor, 40 Gigs of RAM and a Radeon Pro 580 Graphics card. I'd like to use my wall mounted TV as a client monitor through HDMI. Anyone know of a inexpensive solution?

Thanks
Joe

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Adding a Client Monitor to my iMac
on May 18, 2020 at 1:52:49 pm

I would think a blackmagic mini monitor would work. Has sdi and hdmi out, and thunderbolt in.

Not a mac person, so you may want to double check your available connections...but blackmagic should have something for your in the monitoring department.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Adding a Client Monitor to my iMac
on May 18, 2020 at 5:38:44 pm

You are right Glenn. The 2017 has a Thunderbolt 2 port (two, actually), so a Mini-Monitor is the perfect solution. TB to the Mini...then HDMI out to the TV.

NOTE!!!

Anytime you have an output device like that connected...be it a Mini monitor or an Avid box (DNxIO or Mojo)...audio gets routed to that box. So if you are monitoring audio from the iMac to a mixer, that will get cut off. You'll need to either monitor from the TV, or get an HDMI splitter that will do HDMI out and also a separate audio only output... something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/iArkPower-Extractor-Splitter-Optical-Supports/dp/B01...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]