AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Timeline Video track selection for the monitor - limited to mouse only?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Taylor
Timeline Video track selection for the monitor - limited to mouse only?
on Mar 10, 2020 at 1:42:13 am

Hi,

I am working on a feature and finding that I need to constantly check shot iterations within a sequence. ie several versions maybe added on top of each other for each shot. At the moment, I only use the mouse to select video tracks in order to see these different versions.

Is there is a keystroke/short cut I can assign that allows me to toggle my monitor selection in the timeline i.e from one video track to another? e.g between v1 to v2, or even v8 and v9 for example.

(I know I can assign particular video tracks to custom keys but don't feel assigning 20x keys is helpful)

(This is not a multicam show either. More like a VFX show)

Has this ability been added in recent avid media composer upgrades? It would be so nice to use two assigned keystrokes.....one to go down the video tracks....and the other to go up.

(This is not toggling between source or record monitor btw)

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
M

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Timeline Video track selection for the monitor - limited to mouse only?
on Mar 10, 2020 at 5:13:18 pm

I don't believe this is an option...wish it were as well.
I usually have automonitoring turned off, so my track monitor doesn't change...if you turn it in, and map you video track selectors, does that change your track monitor accordingly?

I've also played with mapping the screen position so I could use an auto hit key macro...that is a possibility, bit you have to nail down your screen setup

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]