AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Migrating AAF From Media Composer 5 to Adobe CS6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rico Edwards
Migrating AAF From Media Composer 5 to Adobe CS6
on Feb 14, 2020 at 3:08:51 pm

Hi All,

I work in a small production department and we are looking to repurpose old content that was once edited on MC5. We've looked at forums about migrating AAF files to Adobe but none have been specific to our needs.

Here are my issues:

I am able to export the AAF files out, however, it is very cluttered and it giving me sequences I don't need. The sequence that I actually need to be converted has nothing in the timeline. The audio is transferred over great but the video has green flashes and does not playback.

So to recap, I can export the AAF files but the main sequence exported has nothing in it. The footage used for the sequence has flashes of green in the previews. Below is the tutorial I used, however, I think this is a newer version of MC that she is using in this video.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/migrate-from-avid-media-compose...

All thoughts and ideas are welcome. Thank you

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Migrating AAF From Media Composer 5 to Adobe CS6
on Feb 14, 2020 at 9:39:25 pm

You'll have to use Resolve as a go-between. Export an XML...bring that into Resolve...and from there, export for Avid an AAF, and have it create Avid media. And that Avid media will have to be put into the Avid media file structure.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 15, 2020 at 4:41:24 pm

I think poster is going from Avid to Premiere, so it might be more if a "where is the media" question if the AAF is opening. You did say your aaf opens with a bunch of un-needed sequences. Usually you would just export an AAF of the sequence you are working on.

If you open the AAF back in avid what do you get?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Rico Edwards
on Feb 17, 2020 at 10:01:02 pm

Thanks Shane,

I had to get a newer version of Avid and Premiere Pro everything looks like it should. Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]