AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Video in the source and record monitor wont play but the audio does. Also no files are offline.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Holder
Video in the source and record monitor wont play but the audio does. Also no files are offline.
on Oct 16, 2019 at 11:12:42 pm

I just got the new version of Avid and the source and record monitor are black but the audio works. when i pull down to make the monitor bigger picture shows up but when i let go of the mouse it goes back to black. what do i do??

Return to posts index

Maggie Brunner
Re: Video in the source and record monitor wont play but the audio does. Also no files are offline.
on Oct 17, 2019 at 12:00:40 am

What is the codec of the video file you are working with?

I found a similar issue I tried to work with H264 files from a Panasonic. Depending on the codec, there could be a plugin you could add to Avid to help it read the video. I ended up converting my footage to DnX36, and that solved my issue.

Return to posts index

Michael Holder
Re: Video in the source and record monitor wont play but the audio does. Also no files are offline.
on Oct 17, 2019 at 10:16:41 am

it cant be the codec because it literally does this with every video file i link or import

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Oct 17, 2019 at 6:37:45 am

I've seen this randomly on Macs.
Normally floating the Composer pane fixes it.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Michael Holder
on Oct 17, 2019 at 10:06:09 am

Still nothing ☹

I was told to start a new user profile from scratch. so i deleted my user profile and still nothing

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 17, 2019 at 5:20:59 pm

What computer are you using? Wondering if the graphics card has anything to do with this. Possibly not, but trying to think of anything. I haven't heard of this issue before.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 17, 2019 at 9:37:38 pm

Ah....apparently this was a bug in the early versions of 2019, make sure you are running 2019.9 and try going to workspace and reset the view back to source/record.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Michael Holder
on Oct 17, 2019 at 9:44:57 pm

It says Media composer 2019.9.0

Im supposed to use 9.9 right? Sorry but how do I find that version? I got the version that I am currently using avid's website. I pay monthly and they gave me the 9.0 version. Know where I can find 9.9?(or after)

Return to posts index

Michael Holder
on Oct 17, 2019 at 9:46:05 pm

Im using a Mac. But when I use 8.4 avid it works fine...

Return to posts index

Stacy Lincoln
on Oct 17, 2019 at 11:47:38 pm

Exact same thing is happening to us at my company. We can't get any video to play in preview or timeline window. We hear audio only.
We actually see the preview footage on our wall monitor. It's really strange, because this usually shows our timeline footage. You can't edit this way.
I tried contacting AVID, but no luck so far. We uninstalled and put the older version back up on our system so we can work.
Right now, I haven't heard of a solution.

Return to posts index

Michael Holder
on Oct 18, 2019 at 1:45:04 pm

I am lost for words I don't know what to do...

I do have an older version of avid 8.1 and that plays fine but I need to ama link some mxf clips and i can't find the mxf plugin for 8.1, any ideas?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 18, 2019 at 7:25:55 pm

There must be a 2019.9.x update out there. Go to the Avid downloads site, or look in your Avid App manager tool.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 18, 2019 at 7:29:31 pm

Or..wait, go back to an earlier one...2019.8 or 2019.7 or 2019.6. This issue is popping up A LOT now on other forums.

Don't use the latest 2019...go to an earlier one. In the download center are the stand alone installers.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Michael Holder
on Oct 20, 2019 at 1:14:31 pm

yes, this worked thank you. i downloaded 8.12

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]