AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Offline to online FrameFlex issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lena Gregorian
Offline to online FrameFlex issue
on Sep 24, 2019 at 7:46:51 pm

Hello all,

I've edited a short film, in a proxy workflow.
Linked to AMA -> Transcoded to lower resolution-> adjusted FrameFlex to pillarbox/letterbox and corrected the LUT color, like this (image 1, lower screen example to offline image size):

After editing I've disconnected the MXF directory, re-connected my hard disk with the source files and relinked.

Now I have a relinked sequence, and the color on the video clips in the sequence is purple (hence relinked successfully)

But my relinked sequence has the same FrameFlex as the transcoded files with the lower resolution, so I do the next thing and: CONSOLIDATE

After consolidating, I have a new sequence and new set of clips.

I open SourceSettings-> frameFlex and this time adjust to original image ratio like this (image 2):

After applying the new "Online" resolution on all consolidated clips, I saw my sequence stayed the same. The old image size remained (image 3, resized on the left):

How come when changing the consolidated clip, the clip in the sequence is not changing as well?
How come changing the FrameFlex in consolidated clip, won't change the image size of the same consolidated clip in the sequence (they are the same, tested with "match frame").

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Dom Silverio
Re: Offline to online FrameFlex issue
on Sep 25, 2019 at 9:36:46 pm

Right-click the sequence in the bin and Refresh all.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Offline to online FrameFlex issue
on Sep 28, 2019 at 3:19:29 pm

I'm not sure refresh will work, if it doesn't there is a function to update the sequence. Within that function you can select items such as frame flex and color adjustment done to the source clip.

I believe if you right click on the sequence icon, you will find the menu.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]