AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Relinking master clips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Silva
Relinking master clips
on Aug 16, 2019 at 3:08:36 am

I recently switched PCs while halfway through a project, and I need to relink my imported files to the source clips. Unfortunately, my old storage device has become corrupted, so I'm missing the MXF files for about half of the clips. I tried re-importing the clips to recreate the MXF files, but I still can't get anything to relink. The files arent AMA, they're direct imports. Does anyone know how to fix an issue like this?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Relinking master clips
on Aug 16, 2019 at 4:50:40 pm

Just need to clarify some of your terminology.
Are you wanting to relink to camera original source files, or recreate your MXF files. The fact that you no longer have access to the original imported media, should not stop you from ama linking to the source files, and linking your sequence to it.

If you want to recreate your mxfs, you should be able to select the offline clips and do a batch reimport command, pointing the import dialog to the current location if the source clips.

If you want to turn your old offline mxfs into higher res mxfs, you should be able to do that as well, either using the batch reimport and asking for a new resolution, or doing a sequence decompose, and then importing only the shots needed to rebuild the sequence.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 16, 2019 at 6:53:10 pm
Last Edited By Shane Ross on Aug 16, 2019 at 7:30:50 pm

DELETED...posted in wrong place.

Return to posts index

Aaron Silva
on Aug 17, 2019 at 12:37:19 am

I wasn't aware that I could relink without recreating the MXF files first. Everything I've tried without the MXFs hasn't worked, so I thought it might be a necessary component. All I'm really looking to do is relink. It doesn't really matter to me how it's done.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 17, 2019 at 3:36:15 pm

The mxfs will not affect your relinking ability.

The information Avid is looking for is there, whether the actual media is online or not.

I'm assuming the transcoded were done in Avid, so am assuming they contain correct meta data.

bring your ama links into a bin and select them all.
right click on your sequence and select relink.
select relink to selected items in open bin.

might hve to tweak some of the link settings based on your source transcodes.
(I usually change name to "Tape Name or Source File Name")

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]