AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Resolve To AVID FrameFlexed

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jj johnson
Resolve To AVID FrameFlexed
on Jul 8, 2019 at 12:41:55 pm

I have been stymied! In MC I have a film that has been shot with all types of cameras - from Cellphone to RED6K and everything in between. The final has been conformed to link to the raw and I have followed the usual procedures to export an AAF to bring into Resolve. Loaded the media folder in Resolve first then imported the AAF - color corrected everything work well. Up to the AAF out of Resolve and back into AVID MC. It would create a sequence that would be timed right and linked to the correct footage that I dropped into the proper Avid MediaFiles folder ...BUT every shot would have FrameFlex applied and would size up the image. And I don't know how to remove FrameFlex.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Resolve To AVID FrameFlexed
on Jul 8, 2019 at 4:58:24 pm

Frame flex is applied when the footage is larger than the project settings (as you might know). So a 4K shot in a 1080p project would have frame flex on it by default. There is no way to not have this happen, unless you render out the footage to match the Avid project settings.

Now, you are saying that you have this larger footage in Avid, and it's zoomed in? Is it not zoomed in on the Resolve side?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

jj johnson
on Jul 8, 2019 at 7:29:00 pm

Correct. It was not zoomed in on the Resolve side. I exported all the clips at 1080. Same as the project. I took the exact same aaf and imported it to Premiere Pro without an issue. Upon further trouble shooting we stumbled upon a fix! After importing the aaf into MC, we right clicked on the sequence, chose "Refresh Sequence: All" and the FrameFlex went away on all of the shots.

Guess the problem is solved, but still peculiar.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 8, 2019 at 7:36:02 pm

Hmmm...that is odd. Glad you solved it! Now I have that in my solution pocket.

Good going

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]