Media Composer 2019

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Media Composer 2019
on Jun 18, 2019 at 3:16:12 pm

2 days away.

A little background:
http://www.avidblogs.com/for-the-makers-how-you-helped-us-create-media-comp...

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Media Composer 2019
on Jun 18, 2019 at 6:18:18 pm

It's going to be hard to keep our seats here (day job).
With Premiere and FCPX pricing and 4 to 1 project ratio, Its been getting harder to convince corp on the yearly fee.
Pro Tools not so much.
For my end (personal company) I have to hang on since there are still a few more clients using it.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 18, 2019 at 6:30:01 pm

[Eric Santiago] "With Premiere and FCPX pricing and 4 to 1 project ratio, Its been getting harder to convince corp on the yearly fee."

The real wild card is Resolve. At least for the individual and small/medium business customer. But the whole point of Avid's refresh is to appeal to new users as much as the established one. And to deal with new and more demanding delivery requirements.

In your case, corporately, an Avid subscription could make more sense. Go month-by-month and turn on/off as needed.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jun 18, 2019 at 6:56:13 pm

[Eric Santiago] "With Premiere and FCPX pricing and 4 to 1 project ratio, Its been getting harder to convince corp on the yearly fee."

But...Premiere Pro IS a subscription. It's the first NLE to do it. So to use that as an example against Avid's upcoming subscription pricing seems a tad odd.

What is a 4 to 1 project ratio?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 20, 2019 at 6:53:38 pm

[Shane Ross] "What is a 4 to 1 project ratio?"

Sorry, 4 to 1 meaning we get maybe 4 projects using Premiere compared to 1 (if lucky) with Avid.
And it's not the Sub its the overall cost.
Enterprise Adobe Suite per user is way cheaper than Avids one year update fee.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 20, 2019 at 10:58:43 pm

BTW - it's here today.

https://www.avid.com/media-composer-movie-editing-software-for-makers

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Jun 21, 2019 at 12:44:06 pm

FYI - this new version WILL take a bit of getting used to. Remember to uninstall your old version first and create NEW user settings when you start this one. You should NOT just dive in thinking everything is where it used to be.

Here's a good introduction:
https://www.provideocoalition.com/mc2019/

Remember that this is the start of an ongoing updating process. It's not the end-all/be-all version. Over the course of upcoming version updates, various modules will be touched with more tweaks and revisions. At least, that's Avid's stated plan.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jun 21, 2019 at 5:00:05 pm

It's a good start.
My first question is why my bins, have the Bins.1, bins.2 name at the side, instead of the actual name of the bin if set up as tabs.

Seems pretty useless way of keeping track...unless i'm missing how to call up the actual names.

Thank you Avid for allowing audio scrub to be mapped. Drives me crazy always having to turn caps lock on and off.
I actually preferred the old days of having the ability to select a track in the timeline to activate audio scrubbing instead of Caps lock, but now, turning it on and off is the click of button on one of the streamdecks.

Still playing, but certainly the interface takes a bit to get used to.

Glenn

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]