AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Avid MC 12.3 won't link/import R3D's

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aris Gavriilidis
Avid MC 12.3 won't link/import R3D's
on Jun 14, 2019 at 8:48:03 am

Hello everyone,

I just started learning Media Composer, I'm brand new to it, making the switch from Premiere Pro hoping I won't be encountering any bugs and I'm already having a serious issue with the most essential operation, linking/importing media, specifically R3D's since it's the only type of material I work with.

Going to the Source Browser, I navigate to the R3D I want to link to and when I attempt to bring it in I instantly get the message "The file format of "(Clip Name).R3D" is not supported for import". I have installed the RED Plugin, all the metadata for the clip is visible in the Source Browser and it even opens and plays in the Source Monitor, also allowing me to manipulate RAW settings, but for some unknown reason, it just won't link.

Here's the odd thing though, as soon as I hit OK on that error message, another one pops up that says "The file (file location) cannot be imported. Do you want to link and consolidate/transcode it?". If I hit "Yes", the file does indeed transcode into an LB DNX flavor (doesn't give me the option to choose a DNX flavor) but the reason I find this strange is because, again, back in the Source Browser window itself, other than the linking option which doesn't work as I said above, the importing one, with all the transcoding flavor choices, doesn't either! So now why does it suddenly work through the error messages??

Does anyone have any clue what exactly is going on here??? I'ts driving me crazy

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Avid MC 12.3 won't link/import R3D's
on Jun 14, 2019 at 11:55:28 pm

I've seen the same behavior on the latest release as well. I've reported it and waiting for a response.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]