AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

On export AMC seems to apply a LUT

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Birman
On export AMC seems to apply a LUT
on Mar 26, 2019 at 3:26:46 pm

Hi there,

I'm working on a project where the assistant couldn't figure out how to burn in the LUT before exporting the proxies from Resolve. She would add the LUT in AMC using the Source Settings menu.
When I arrived, I resolved the LUT burn in issue but now I have timelines with both, rushes modified by source settings and rushes with the burnt in LUT.

On export, it seems as if Avid adds a LUT, resulting in a file that is way too contrasted.
If I go in Refresh Sequence and Remove Color Adapters, the rushes with the burnt in LUT come out very contrasty too (the one with source settings come out normal).

I can't figure out how to export a file that looks like what I see while editing.

Help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: On export AMC seems to apply a LUT
on Mar 27, 2019 at 7:30:01 am

How exactly are you exporting from Avid?
If its QuickTime and then you chose custom and then a codec like H264 there will be your problem.
Mixdown to desired codec then export Same As Source. If need. E then transcode externally.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Simon Birman
Re: On export AMC seems to apply a LUT
on Mar 29, 2019 at 7:27:40 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your answer.
I've tried various exports, including same as source, with the same problem.
The mixdown technique doesn't work.

The only way I found was to change the color settings from YCbCr 709 to RGB 709/S-Log3, export same as source (which takes hours of rendering) and then transcode externally. Hardly a viable solution if I'm exporting a feature length film.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]