AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

my segment tool select several clips at a time

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peter brelan
my segment tool select several clips at a time
on Feb 10, 2019 at 6:04:52 pm

Hi,

when I select a clip in my timeline, the clip below get selected as well.
in the picture we can see that I try to select only the clip on V1 A1 A2, but the clip on A3 A4 get selected as well. and this problem happens with other clips in the timeline. I just want to select the clip I dragged but the tool select other clips.

I hope you have a selection because i couldn't find one.

Thank you
Pierre

Return to posts index

peter brelan
Re: my segment tool select several clips at a time
on Feb 10, 2019 at 6:07:03 pm

PS: if after selecting the clip's' i deselect the track A3 A4 the clips get deselected, but that process is very long.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Feb 11, 2019 at 2:59:00 am

You have Linked Selection turned on. The button under the word "timeline" at the top of your timeline toggles it on and off.

Return to posts index

peter brelan
on Feb 11, 2019 at 9:31:56 am

great, thank you.

but actually when I turn off this icon, when i select the video I get just the video and no the audio.
It's a bit hard to explain, so i try again ☺
I drop a clip e.g. TRUCK FOOTAGE1 in the timeline, this clip has a video and two audio. I drop another part of this video TRUCK FOOTAGE1 in the timeline. When I stretch the audio of the second clip I dropped under the first one, and then Media composer consider them as linked ?
They are from the same source but they are two different clips, so why MC considers them as linked?

Thank you again
Pierre

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Feb 11, 2019 at 1:40:23 pm

The linked media function will link together anything from the same master clip.

Honestly, I never use this function. Been using Avid since long before it existed, so I don’t miss it. Always seemed completely unecessary. I can see why people might want to use it, coming from other NLEs, though.

Return to posts index

peter brelan
on Feb 11, 2019 at 4:11:28 pm

it's useful when i click on the video of the clip to select its audio as well without selecting the other audios.

anyway, i will do it like you mentioned.

Thank you
Pierre

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]