AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

ScriptSync "Find Script" error with multi-format project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Bushe
ScriptSync "Find Script" error with multi-format project
on Dec 13, 2018 at 6:50:11 pm

Hey Everyone,

So I've recently found an error with ScriptSync's functionality in a current project. It's a documentary, the main editing project is 1080p/23.98, but we're pulling in lots of archival of various other formats. I've been importing the archival into format-specific projects (such as NTSC 30i, PAL 25p, etc.) and then opening bins from those projects, and option+dragging the clips into the main edit project.

I'm using ScriptSync with transcripts of interviews (which match the edit project format) and also these various archival items (which don't match the edit project format). When I use the "Find Script" function to match back to specific lines of the script, it works with the native format interview stuff, but it doesn't work with the non-native archival -- with these items it opens up the script to a completely different (i.e. incorrect) section of the text.

Has anyone else encountered this, and found a good workaround? I guess worst-case I could reimport all the archival straight into the edit project, but was hoping to avoid ugly framerate conversions for the offline edit (plus the processing time, it's a lot of media). What do you think?

Thanks,
Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]