AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Uninstall left many old folders... Can delete them?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nina Lucia
Uninstall left many old folders... Can delete them?
on May 11, 2018 at 1:22:19 am
Last Edited By Nina Lucia on May 11, 2018 at 3:18:23 am

So I just uninstalled MC 8.3.1 to go to 8.9.4 and there are a lot of old Avid related folders and settings within them that are still present. Additionally, I had had 5.5.5 on here and had done an uninstall of that before installing 8.3.1 and there are still things related to 5.5.5 on here that I now see. (including an Avid FX 5.8 folder and Boris Continuum AVX 7.0 folder which were from the 5.5.5 install).

But also all the MC settings files still exist like Site Settings, MCState etc... With those still there I don't feel like I wil get a brand new clean install. So can I delete all Avid related folders manually? I know my System ID etc...

For reference, this is the history of my OS and MC upgrades:

Mountain Lion Installed onto new SSD
Avid MC 5.5.5 Installed
Avid MC 5.5.5 Deactivated & Uninstalled
Avid MC 8.3.1 Installed
El Capitan upgrade Installed (10.11.6)
Avid MC 8.3.1 Deactivated & Uninstalled

I noticed the extra files left behind this time because there were two Uninstallers for MC in there, one of them presumably from 5.5.5 as that one didn't work and has what I believe was the install date of 5.5.5

TIA!

EDIT: Since I had my System ID handy I went ahead and manually 'deleted' (moved them to another drive in case) all the Avid folders in various places and installed 8.9.4. Seems to be fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]