AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Importing gfx and using position tool too make them aligned

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jean Boland
Importing gfx and using position tool too make them aligned
on Apr 6, 2018 at 8:42:44 pm

I’ve imported 4 psd files and I need to make them even on the bottom of my page.
Usually, the position tool will give me numbers, so I know where to place the gfx so they are even.
However, this time it is giving me different numbers for each so I have to align them evenly by eye... which is
Difficult. Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Importing gfx and using position tool too make them aligned
on Apr 7, 2018 at 5:18:57 pm

Well, the position numbers are going to be based on the center position of your graphic...semi assuming it is perfectly centered on the screen in the original document. If you graphics are all the same height, and all centered on screen, then typing in the same position number should work. If they are not all the same height, or not all centred in the document, then you either have to eyeball it or rebuild your psds, to make the bottom of each graphic be at the center line on the screen, or, put the bottom of the graphic at the bottom of the screen.

In my experience, its just as easy to make a line in the text tool, put that on screen, in the bottom position you want to line up, and then put the graphics on upper video layers, justifying them by eye, to that line. Once the graphics are lined up, delete the line.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Jean Boland
Re: Importing gfx and using position tool too make them aligned
on Apr 7, 2018 at 5:27:12 pm

Thanks Glen! I will try and see what works best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]