AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Import settings on low bandwidth for entire project, anyway to replace with HQ? Besides re-importing everything?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Laukaitis
Import settings on low bandwidth for entire project, anyway to replace with HQ? Besides re-importing everything?
on Apr 2, 2018 at 6:36:58 pm

I've been working on a project for a while now, and its now been brought to my attention that my import settings have been importing on low bandwidth. I'm hoping there's a way to replace the LB footage with HQ footage, similar to using proxies of higher quality footage to cut with, then replace them with the HQ footage for export.

Is this possible? Do I have any options from here besides basically starting from scratch and re-importing everything? I'm dealing with about a terabyte and a half of footage here, so I am definitely open to any ideas or solutions anyone has. Thank you!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Import settings on low bandwidth for entire project, anyway to replace with HQ? Besides re-importing everything?
on Apr 2, 2018 at 7:37:59 pm

How was it brought in? Imported, or LINKED and transcoded?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Paul Laukaitis
Re: Import settings on low bandwidth for entire project, anyway to replace with HQ? Besides re-importing everything?
on Apr 2, 2018 at 8:47:03 pm

About half it was imported, and the other half transcoded, on 2k DCL Full project settings

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 2, 2018 at 10:22:41 pm

Do you know which was which? Because IMPORTED footage will have to be batch imported, and linked and transcoded will need to be relinked to the masters and re-transcoded to a higher res. Two ways of doing things.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]