AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Approval and Review solution

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas Ryan
Approval and Review solution
on Mar 28, 2018 at 12:14:36 am

We're looking to improve our review and approval process and I'm looking for suggestions. Is anyone running a review and approval paradigm on an Enterprise level that they really love? I'm doing a lot of research and so far I'm not loving anything.

Ideally it would be a system that could live on our servers using our pipe out to the world so we wouldn't be limited by cloud based storage costs or limitations.

So far I've looked at:

Wipster
Kollaborate
Wiredrive
Box
Screenlight
Fame IO

We're an Avid and Adobe CC shop running on Mac's. 50 to 70 workstations.

Is there some DAM or MAM system that people love that's not on my radar?

Any helpful directional pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Doug

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
Re: Approval and Review solution
on Mar 28, 2018 at 3:14:11 am

As far as I'm aware, Kollaborate is the only one on that list that supports self-hosting. As Kollaborate's developer I would love to hear your feedback and how it could fit better into your workflow.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metdata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...

Return to posts index

Dave Clack
Re: Approval and Review solution
on Mar 29, 2018 at 7:14:08 pm

Hi Douglas ... full disclosure ... I'm the CEO of CatDV ... which might fit your bill

We are a MAM, with a focus on content creation and sharing of completed assets, We handle on premise, cloud and hybrid workflows ... including review and approve ... and for this year's NAB there's a specific R&A interface for CatDV.

CatDV can manage tiered storage including file based, LTFS, LTO, cloud and object, is cross platform, and can automate workflows, integrate with AI, and work with the best creative tools (our Adobe panels are pretty neat)

We support small production groups, up to the biggest broadcasters, corporates, sports and non-profit organisations so I'd hope we could help with R&A as well as general organization ... at the same time saving time, cost and stress.

(but I would say all that of course ... it is my job to do that ... am sure the community here will leap in if they don't think I'm being honest !)

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]