AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Canon C300 Proxy MXF Link In Media Composer 8.6

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Grieco
Canon C300 Proxy MXF Link In Media Composer 8.6
on Mar 16, 2018 at 6:38:02 pm

Little help,

I'm trying to link using Source Browser in Media Composer to proxy files shot in C300. These proxy files are h.264/Long GOP with a MXF wrapper. I've installed all the necessary plugins (MVP_MSP_CanonXF, MSP_MXF Plug-In, AVCHD MVP Plug-In).

Source Browser says MXF can't be linked when I go to the CONTENTS folder of file structure. When I try to Import, I get the prompt, "file name_Canon_P.MXF cannot be linked" and asks me to link, consolidate/transcode. When I do this, it transcodes the file, then I get the error message, "unknown file type". No go

I used Canon XF utility to import the media from the cards. Those proxy files play back fine in XF utility.

I could import the 4k mxf files but the whole point of the proxy files is to work offline with these clips and not have to transcode all of them to DNX or Prores, etc., which will take a massive amount of time.

I'm working on a Mac Pro OS 10.11 and Avid MC 8.6.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Canon C300 Proxy MXF Link In Media Composer 8.6
on Mar 16, 2018 at 10:44:14 pm

Install ALL the AMA plugins you can. I'm not sure what other one you need, I never tried, but I was only able to link to this footage when I installed ALL the AMA plugins.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Grieco
Re: Canon C300 Proxy MXF Link In Media Composer 8.6
on Mar 19, 2018 at 8:53:45 pm

Hey Shane,

Thanks for your reply. I installed all the AMA plugins and still won't recognize the file. I also noticed that Avid says MXF OP1a plug-in comes installed, but I don't see it on my list of AMA plugins in MC.

I've tried installing it but there is an error I receive because the install is only for version 7.3.

I think that's the ticket because Premiere is saying that these files are: Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)

Any idea how I can download that plugin since it seems to be the one I need for MC to link?

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]