AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

User folders get created when I open a bin in another project

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guy Handelman
User folders get created when I open a bin in another project
on Feb 15, 2018 at 1:02:47 am

My coworkers and I work in multiple projects. Occasionally, one of us opens a bin from "Project A" while working in "Project B." Later, someone goes into "Project B" and notices that a folder with nothing in it has been created. The folder name is identical to our user name. This is annoying because it occurs within every folder of the project where the opened bin was located. Does anybody know how to turn this bug off, or if it is impossible to do this, is there a way to make it so that the empty folder is created only at the project level and not at each folder's level? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: User folders get created when I open a bin in another project
on Feb 15, 2018 at 2:22:36 am

I've seen this bug for a long time with no solution. I get around it by either copying or moving the .avb bins from one project folder to another. I generally move them so that I don't have to try and figure out which is the most current bin. For me it works because I'm the only one working on the projects I have.

On a Mac I can move the bin(s) while Avid is running and if it doesn't show up in the project right away I click on the desktop and then in the Bins List in Avid and it will then show up. Not sure if this works on a PC.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]