AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

"Servers have outage" MASTERPOST- Avid MS First

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Loveland
"Servers have outage" MASTERPOST- Avid MS First
on Feb 11, 2018 at 10:48:07 pm

So it seems a ton of people have problems with Avid First trying to connect to the servers.

I can log in to my account on their website but their Application Manager keeps telling me that the "Servers have outage". Unless I sign in on the App Manager I can't use Avid First.

Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Tom Witt
Re: "Servers have outage" MASTERPOST- Avid MS First
on Feb 12, 2018 at 1:35:19 am

Yea, you (us) are like kids that the parents don't want in the house alone. So you have to sit on the front porch until an adult comes home with the key. The whole "log in to use" is very frustrating.

I'm a retired TV Prod. teacher so I only get into my Avid First every so often (sometimes months apart). And when I do it seems to take an hour to update, correct errors, etc. every time I go to use it. If they are allowing use for FREE why not just make it work after registering and be done with that? As it is now (following my initial anology), it's like the parents calling home every 15 minutes to see that the kids are staying out of trouble.

Far more than a bazillion features most people likely just want the product to work without frustrating issues. I hope Avid (and other NLE companies) are listening.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]