AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

AMA linking Versus Drag and Drop files from Rushes Drive

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brenda morrissey
AMA linking Versus Drag and Drop files from Rushes Drive
on Feb 2, 2018 at 11:20:25 am

Hi
I have been having problems AMA linking C300 cards and found that the only way to do so was by AMA linking clip by clip within the Source Browser. However, on an official AVID Forum I was told to double check my Canon plugin and then I re-installed the correct plugin. Since then I can't see any MXF clips in their folders..they flash up for a second and then change into generic clips which can't be linked...clip 1, clip 2 etc (no MXF).

This is very frustrating so I tried dragging and dropping the original MXF clips from the rushes drive into my AVID bins and they appear to be legitimate looking AMA linked clips. The time codes are the same (I checked in a third party software).

Are these clips safe to use? Is there any downside to ALT and Drag linked clips?

Thanks for reading!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AMA linking Versus Drag and Drop files from Rushes Drive
on Feb 2, 2018 at 1:54:00 pm

No difference in the resulting clip. The only difference is drag and drop is always auto-detect while linking via the Browser allows you to select a specific plug-in if needed or desired.

Michael

Return to posts index

brenda morrissey
on Feb 2, 2018 at 2:06:59 pm

Thanks Michael!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Feb 3, 2018 at 5:15:38 am

Drag and drop might interfere with spanning of c300 clips, causing 1-15 min file to become 3- minute files.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]