AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Avid 8 Timecode Burn-In Error

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Forest Mullinary
Avid 8 Timecode Burn-In Error
on Jan 30, 2018 at 8:54:47 pm

I've noticed incorrect numbers being displayed when scrubbing over a sequence with a default Timecode Burn-In. Occasionally a frame will display a seemingly random timecode that does not match the sequence timecode. If I just press play or fast forward, no error, (only scrubbing). If I park the play head over the frame with the incorrect display and do a mixdown or export, the correct timecode will be in the mixdown and export.

This happens in in 8.9.2 and 8.9.4.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if Avid has released a bug fix?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avid 8 Timecode Burn-In Error
on Feb 1, 2018 at 2:43:42 pm

Interesting. If you park the playhead on the frame showing the incorrect timecode, and then step a frame back and then forward again, does the correct timecode show up?

sounds like the scrubbing is just going too fast for avid to read the information? (I've never seen this, but I suppose that is what is happening)

could this be linked to the power in your system? cpu or ram?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Forest Mullinary
Re: Avid 8 Timecode Burn-In Error
on Feb 7, 2018 at 8:37:16 pm

If I park the playhead on the frame showing the incorrect timecode, and then step back and then forward, it is still incorrect. However, if I simply hit play over the bad frame, it shows it correctly.

This has happened consistently on multiple computers, multiple projects, multiple user settings. On both Avid 8.9.2 and 8.9.4.

We're on MacPro trash cans, OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, 64 GB memory, 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 Processor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]