AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

AMA C300 clips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Diamond
AMA C300 clips
on Dec 22, 2017 at 3:52:30 pm

Hi,

I'm AMA'ing/transcoding many clips from a C300 shoot. Almost every clip is in a separate folder, so there's 300-400 folders of clips. Is there any way to streamline this tedious process so I don't have to go into every single folder? I've tried to AMA entire folders at a time, but Avid won't let me - I have to go into each folder and select the clip.

I'm on MC 8.4.5.

Thank you!

Jake
jakediamondnyc.com

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: AMA C300 clips
on Dec 22, 2017 at 8:06:31 pm

It sounds like your original camera folder structure has been changed?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Jake Diamond
on Dec 23, 2017 at 12:23:42 am

Glenn,

I guess it has. Looks like folders were taken out of Cam A, Card 1. Cam B the same thing. Can't upload a screens hot for some reason. Anyway to rectify this?

Jake Diamond
Freelance Editor
jakediamondnyc.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 23, 2017 at 12:33:55 am

You need to either obtain the full camera offload, untouched....do it the way you are doing it... or use something like Resolve to convert the footage.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Dec 23, 2017 at 4:25:47 pm

I’m currently running 8.8.5 so I’m not sure wether this will work in 8.4.5 or not.

Open the Source Browser and navigate to the folder that contains all of the clips in there Subfolders. Right click on the folder and a dialogue box should come up which will allow you to link to all the clips in all the subfolders. Sorry I’m not in front of the computer at the moment so I can’t remember exactly what you should click on. I think it may be Link but at least try it to see if that works for you.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Jake Diamond
on Dec 24, 2017 at 5:53:25 pm

Thank you! I'm not in front of my computer right now but this sounds like a great option.

Jake

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]