AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

C300 MK II Transcode Video Glitches and Artifacting

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carson Garriott
C300 MK II Transcode Video Glitches and Artifacting
on Nov 14, 2017 at 6:38:25 pm

I've been working with C300 MK II's on a large project and every time that I transcode a large batch of footage, I get these video glitches/artifacting that last for about 1-3 frames on varying cameras. I've checked the original footage in the XF Utility and there aren't any errors on that footage. When I re-transcode the individual clip that has the error on it, the new file is without glitches. I've downloaded the plugins from canon for the MK II. I upgraded my Avid to 8.8.5 and even downloaded the new nablet-created Sony XDCAM plugins just to be careful. Has anyone run into this issue or even more, does anyone know the solution to this issue. I've been transcoding to DNxHD 45, but have tried 145, and 220 with the same results. I thought that maybe going from 10 bits to 8 bits was causing it, but that wasn't the case.

Specs: OS X 10.11.5, 4GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM, Avid Media Composer 8.8.5
Plug Ins:
MVP_MSP_CanonRaw CANON INC. 1.1
MVP_MSP_CanonXF CANON INC. 3.2
nablet XDCAM EX Plug-in 4.5.2.1406
nablet XAVC XDCAM Plug-in 4.5.2.1406

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: C300 MK II Transcode Video Glitches and Artifacting
on Nov 15, 2017 at 2:29:16 pm

Could be some sort of memory issue with Avid/your computer. Trying to do too much too fast...although I'm pretty sure batch transcodes still only do 1 clip at a time, just in succession, not multiple frames at once.

It could also be a drive issue at either end.
Perhaps the drive can't keep up with the write or read functions of the previous clip as the next clip is starting.

Are you transcoding to the source drive?
Maybe try copying a few of your sources to a new source drive, and a transcode to a different source drive.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]