AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

4k with 4 HD streams inside -> Frameflex?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philipp Grahndorf
4k with 4 HD streams inside -> Frameflex?
on Oct 11, 2017 at 10:12:21 am

Hi all,

long time editor here, but I can´t get my head around this. I´m working at a client on MC 8.4 on Windows. They have recorded 4 HD streams of a concert into one 4K ProRes stream.
My idea was to use Frameflex and then multicam. But when I duplicate the source clip and try to change the frameflex settings it also affects the original clip. Also doing this on a subclip yields the same result.
Is there a way to make a dup completely independent?
What other worflow could be used to extract the single HD resolutions? Mixdown each stream indiviualy is not a real option, because it would take forever (2:30 hrs of runtime) and I could not relink to the original soure clip.
Any ideas?

Cheers
Phil

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: 4k with 4 HD streams inside -> Frameflex?
on Oct 14, 2017 at 4:37:09 pm

Sorry, not sure of the issue here.

You are trying to add frame flex to a copy of the 4k clip to get it to match the HD clip? Is that correct?

And you are worried because... I'm not sure why you are worried. If at some point in the process you want to change the frame flex settings, then feel free to change them. There is a right click option to update the sequence afterwards.

Have you tried simply changing your source settings on the clip to a letterbox setting, or one of the other options to force it to fill the screen properly?

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]