AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Quick AMA Question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Mars
Quick AMA Question
on Sep 8, 2017 at 10:22:01 pm

Hi all,

Just had a quick AMA question. I AMA linked then transcoded footage into DNxHD 36 for editing purposes, but the footage was shot at 60fps and my project is set to 23.98. I plan on slowing the video down as I see fit during editing, and just wanted to double check that when I go to relink back to my original full size sources that AVID is clever enough to match all of my changed speeds? I'm thinking it may not be. I'm going to test this when it's done transcoding, but figured I'd ask anyway since I'm curious (if it can't) why?

Secondly, if the AMA link doesn't work, is my best bet to import as DNxHD 36, then go back and batch import the original files into a higher res codec when I'm ready for final export?

I swear every time I start a new project it brings some new workflow hiccup. Thanks in advance.

- Nick

Setup: Macbook Pro Retina (Mid 2012), 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M Graphics Card. Dual 4TB mirrored external HDs, Apple Thunderbolt Display, Dell U2713H Display, Yamaha HS5 Studio Monitors through a Scarlett Focusrite 616, Wacom Intuos Tablet and a Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Quick AMA Question
on Sep 9, 2017 at 6:27:56 pm

[Nick Mars] "I AMA linked then transcoded footage into DNxHD 36 for editing purposes, but the footage was shot at 60fps and my project is set to 23.98."

Did you transcode that footage and maintain the frame rate....59.94fps? Because depending on the version of Avid, you can maintain the frame rate during the transcode...if you don't have the version that does that, you need to transcode in a project with matching frame rate.

[Nick Mars] "when I go to relink back to my original full size sources that AVID is clever enough to match all of my changed speeds?"

Yes. Hopefully you did this in a later version that allows transcoding to the native frame rate. If so, this is a snap.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]