AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Can you add logging data to an AMA linked clip while it is background consolidating and have that data be inherited by the consolidated clip?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
Can you add logging data to an AMA linked clip while it is background consolidating and have that data be inherited by the consolidated clip?
on Sep 4, 2017 at 7:56:39 am

I am dealing with large batches of FS7 footage shot at XAVC intra 100. I consolidate rather than transcode this material as it works natively.

As I'm dealing with a lot of this material, even though it need only be consolidated rather than transcoded, it still takes a long time. I have each batch working in the background, but would like to take advantage of the fact that as the consolidating process occurs in the background, I can still use Avid. My next step after consolidating is to log the clips and make sequences.

I'd like to work with the AMA clips for my logging stage while the consolidating happens in the background. Problem is, though the AMA clips are in the bin and accessible regardless of how far along the consolidation process is, the logging data entered in to a an AMA clip remains attached only to the AMA clip, not consolidated master clip. It's a similar problem with making sequences of AMA clips while I wait for consolidated master clips, as it will be the AMA clips in the sequence, not the newly consolidated masters. I guess I could relink those perhaps though.

Is there an established workflow whereby AMA clips can be used for logging while background processes operate and have the resulting information added to the master clips?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Can you add logging data to an AMA linked clip while it is background consolidating and have that data be inherited by the consolidated clip?
on Sep 8, 2017 at 1:23:31 pm

I brought this up in beta when this functionality was introduced and did not get any response. If logging against the AMA master clips, you can always export an ALE and merge it back into your consolidated clips.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]