AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Unable to modify Sound TC column

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Winker
Unable to modify Sound TC column
on Aug 30, 2017 at 12:06:10 am

Hello,

I'm having an issue populating the Sound TC column with timecode from another column, namely Aux TC 1. When I enter the timecode into the Sound TC column, I get an error that says

"
Select Sound TC frames per second for clips without Sound TC.

NOTE: Sound TC frames per second can only be changed by clearing and re-entering Sound TC
"

The dialogue box then gives these three options "30", "24", "Cancel"

The frame rate of the clips and the audio are both 23.98 which is not listed as an option, and even if I press the "24" button, I get another error that reads:

"
Exception: SM_DF_NDF_MISMATCH
"

This issue only occurs when changing the Sound TC column for video files, there is no issue when changing the column for audio clips.

I am desperately trying to figure out how to get these timecodes in the Sound TC column, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

-A frantic AE

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Unable to modify Sound TC column
on Aug 30, 2017 at 1:48:58 am

24 is the correct selection. Even though the play rate is 23.976, the timecode still counts as 24. Now as to why that happens is the issue. Do the video clips have at least an A1 track associated with it?

Michael

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Aug 31, 2017 at 9:28:48 am

Have you specified SoundRoll as well? I don't think you can get Sound TC without SoundRoll.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Sep 2, 2017 at 1:48:40 pm

I wish these limitations of Soundroll and A1 track didn't exist. Haven't done enough testing to see which ones if either is still needed but they were at one time. The whole design of Soundroll and SOundTC on a Master clip of V only or VA is to reference the double system sound used for EDL or possible syncing operations. I never understood why the dependence of an A track and another field had to exist.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]