AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Issue with trim rollers/keyframes

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Hartford
Issue with trim rollers/keyframes
on Aug 28, 2017 at 8:29:46 pm
Last Edited By Michael Hartford on Aug 30, 2017 at 3:18:37 am

After an exhaustive search both online and in my MC settings, I'm finally resorting to this forum for help. Let's say I have a video and an audio channel selected in the timeline, and I want to use the roller trims on either the beginning or end of the clip to lengthen or shorten those video and audio channels. I simply put the blue line near the beginning or end of the clip, click the trim roller button, and they come up for me on both the selected video and audio channel tracks. Perfect. However, if just prior to that I added and/or adjusted an audio keyframe, selecting the trim roller will instead deselect my video track and put single rollers at the beginning and the end of whatever clip I just added or adjusted the key frame on, NOT the clip I originally wanted to adjust with the rollers. I can't understand why it does this, and it's very annoying to have to deselect the trim mode button, turn the video channel back on, go to the beginning or the end of the clip, and reselect the trim roller button to get it to do what I actually wanted it to do. After doing this multiple times every day, five days a week, I am at my wits and. Is there something in the settings that I'm not finding that would correct this problem?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]