AVID: Avid Editing Forum Avid Editing Tutorials

Problem with trimming in MC

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Maultsby
Problem with trimming in MC
on Aug 19, 2017 at 9:10:41 pm

Hello, everyone, I am encountering a weird problem in MC. It has been awhile the last time I used it. The problem is trying to trim a clip in the timeline. When I try to trim in the timeline using the yellow for ripple trim or the red trimming down a clip it snaps back to its original size. This maybe something easy but can't figure it out.

Return to posts index

Tom Witt
Re: Problem with trimming in MC
on Aug 19, 2017 at 10:38:50 pm

A few guesses off the top of my head (long time since using MC myself):

Is the track locked? Is the track linked with a locked track. Meaning the audio is locked but linked with its associated video. Is the track active?

I'm old school from linear editing. Frankly I hate the red and yellow arrows. I usually pre-trim in the source window, then set the clip into the timeline. If I'm not satisfied and dealing with the head or tail of the clip in the timeline I mark In/Out points and then either lift (Z) or (more commonly) extract (X). If it gets rater finite I'll go into the Trim window (the icon that looks like an old film canister).

Anyway, just quick thoughts off the top of my head. Hope you get it sorted.

Return to posts index

Michael Hartford
Re: Problem with trimming in MC
on Sep 5, 2017 at 9:38:39 pm

I actually found a solution earlier today. The problem lies with the fact that when you insert a keyframe, that keyframe remains highlighted. So when you then hit the trim rollers, it thinks you want to just trim that one section of audio. It's just a question of getting in the habit of deselecting that keyframe so its' not highlighted before selecting the trim rollers. Thank you for attempting to help, though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]